VP Global Business Development
Who We Are
Lightspark is an innovative cleantech company, bringing a dynamic enterprise SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) technology to solve carbon and energy reduction for consumers, trade, cities, utilities and government to help make a more sustainable future. We are looking for people with a passion, curiosity and driven purpose for using their skills and creativity to make the world a better place while building a successful business.
Who You Are
Lightspark is seeking a Vice-President of Business Development to lead a national team in pursuit of new business opportunities for our Program Design & Implementation team. You will oversee and build a Business Development team and will be responsible for generating leads, establishing relationships, and securing business with existing and potential clients across North America.
You will have oversight and responsibility for staff responsible for responding to market opportunities, RFPs, and growth opportunities for new business and new services. You will lead such opportunities to completion from start to finish and will be accountable to identify market opportunities, develop winning strategies, and improve our proposal process and sales operations working in concert with internal teams and partners.
You will report to the CEO and will be expected to have an extensive knowledge of the energy efficiency, deep energy retrofits and demand-side management industry, and to be well-versed in the dynamics and direction of our industry including regulatory, technological, competitive, and macro-economic perspectives.
Skills You Have
GROW NEW BUSINESS
- Achieve annual sales growth goals. Secure revenue from new clients.
- Work with sales directors to ensure renewal of existing client business.
- Increase revenue through the expansion of demand-side services to cities, electric gas, and water utilities, and through formulation of opportunities with non-utility clients such as municipal and state governments, and end-user industry segments.
- Champion business development approaches for long-cycle consultative sales, network development, and industry best-practice sales strategies.
DEVELOP SALES AND MARKET STRATEGIES
- Identify market trends to inform and develop sales and market strategies.
- Engage and digest key market drivers including regulatory proceedings, legislative activities, and technological and competitive trends.
- Establish, foster, and maintain relationships with clients in conjunction with Lightspark Key Account Managers and Implementation Teams.
- Identify and develop strategic partnerships to support positioning and opportunity win plans.
- Engage in initiatives and projects to represent Lightspark brand and thought leadership.
OWN AND EVOLVE THE SALES PROCESS
- Lead and evolve proposal development process by providing proposal teams with insight on key market and client drivers.
- Lead effective proposal development process including strategic guidance on competitive positions, approach, and pricing.
- Manage client expectations and interactions throughout the proposal process.
- Conduct and report on win/loss analyses through debrief interviews with clients.
- Negotiate contractual terms and pricing with clients with support from legal team.
- Support launches and ensure smooth transition of clients from contract to implementation.
- Drive process improvements where needed to improve quality and creativity in the sales process.
- Participate in key oral presentations when selected for best and final presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university. MBA preferred
- Ten+ years of proven experience driving revenue growth for a professional services and SaaS or software company
- Must have experience within the demand-side management industry
- Knowledge of energy markets, policy, and energy technologies considered a plus
- Passion for accelerating the energy transition
- Entrepreneurial drive and experience managing a sales team
- Structured thinking and communication with ability to clearly articulate and distill complex concepts for any audience
- Strong influence-management, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Thorough commitment to external and internal customer service and satisfaction
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent presentation and written and verbal English communication skills
If you are interested, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lightspark is a provider of data services, applications and intelligence to governments and utilities in the areas of energy efficiency and renewable energy. We have developed a data framework that provides continuous data optimization of energy efficiency data using proprietary algorithms that power white-label applications and or hosted services for energy efficiency programs. Our applications include an opportunity map for energy intensity, digital building audit tools, engagement tools and an online marketplace.