Who We Are
Lightspark is an innovative cleantech company, bringing innovative technology solutions to consumers, trade, utilities and government to help make a more sustainable future. We are building a dynamic enterprise software-as-a-service platform and are looking for people with a passion, curiosity and purpose for using their skills and creativity to make the world a better place.
Who You Are
You have a passion for putting your analytical data skills towards solving complex problems with a focus on geo-spatial techniques, working well with teams, and fighting hard to meet deadlines and build break-out products.
We are looking for a data scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, understanding GIS and geo-spatial mapping and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products. Specifically, you will automate our building energy scoring using machine learning techniques, build recommendation systems, and further develop our catalog of products for energy efficiency and renewables building improvements.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining and statistical analysis using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Interest in climate change, energy efficiency and desirable that you have experience in energy and building modelling
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Python, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, R, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Great communication skills and ability to present information to management team in a way that explains concepts and thinking
- Experience with Saas software development
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with PostgresSQL, spatial objects and experience with Redis, Amazon Web Services is required
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Data-oriented personality
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter and resume to hello @ lightsparkinc.com
Lightspark Software Inc is a purpose driven SaaS company who has a mission to build a sustainable future by accelerating the engagement and success of energy efficiency and renewable technologies.
We do this by using big data, machine learning and advanced design thinking and user interfaces, to increase building owner conversions to deep energy retrofits and solve the friction points for multiple use cases, including utilities, cities, municipalities, trade and manufacturers.